- Winner of the Crawford Award 2013
- Winner (short form: “Augusta Prima”) of The Science Fiction and Fantasy Translation Award 2013
- Shortlisted for the World Fantasy Award 2013
- Honor listed for the Tiptree Award 2012
“Restrained and vivid, poised and strange, Tidbeck, with her impossible harmonies, is a vital voice.” – China Mieville
“I can’t think of when I last read a collection that blew me away the way that Jagannath has, or one that’s left me somewhat at a loss to describe just how strange and beautiful and haunting these tales are.” – Elizabeth Hand (from her introduction)
JAGANNATH contains translated stories from Vem är Arvid Pekon? and new stories – both English originals and translations from Swedish – some of which have appeared in U.S. publications between 2010 and 2012.
JAGANNATH is reissued by Vintage Books on Feb 8, 2017.
Table of contents
- Introduction by Elizabeth Hand
- Some Letters for Ove Lindström
- Miss Nyberg and I
- Herr Cederberg
- Who is Arvid Pekon?
- Brita’s Holiday Village
- Reindeer Mountain
- Cloudberry Jam
- Augusta Prima
- Author’s afterword: Transposing Worlds